This cute outfit is from C's Great Aunt Jeri
I just love this elephant onesie!
my little monkey man!
a little tummy time
he sits up pretty well these days
the fam 
holding on to his rattle!
Well I have officially failed at blogging this month! I guess I have been too distracted to get on here and document the happenings in the Gray home. So, I guess I will catch you all up on us....well, mostly Colton.
We are quickly approaching 4 months and I just can't believe how big this little guy is! He really does amaze me everyday. About a month ago he officially began sleeping entirely through the night. He has always been a good sleeper and has pretty much slept through the night but he finally dropped that one late night feeding and sleeps 10-12 hrs. every night. We usually feed him between 9-11 (depending on how the day's schedule has gone) give him a bath, play just a little bit and then he gets swaddled and put to bed and we don't hear a peep from him again until about 8am the next morning. Yes, we are still swaddling c-man for bedtime. I am kind of scared to not do so since he is sleeping so good and mom and dad are happy with that. He does take good naps during the day and doesn't startle himself awake too much anymore but I just don't think I am ready to risk it at bedtime. Plus, it's not like it is hurting him. :)
He has become so much more fun lately too. He recognizes mom and dad and will give the biggest smiles when he looks at us. He is a lot more "grabby" with things as well. He loves to tangle his hands in my hair, shake his rattles like there is no tomorrow and he likes to try to reach out for things and pull them to his mouth. Although he hasn't quite mastered this yet he is right on the verge of doing so. You can just see his little wheels turning as he tries to reach for something and bring to his mouth.
We go to the doctor at the end of the month for his 4 month checkup but I am guessing (according to our bathroom scale) he is about 16 lbs. PORKER! Not sure how long he is but he is wearing his 3-6 months clothes most comfortably. The 0-3 mo. clothes are just not quite long enough anymore. He is in size 2 diapers and still eating 6oz. at every meal. He still hates tummy time and we really don't do it near enough as we should, bad mom, I know.but his neck seems to be pretty strong because he holds his head up pretty well. In fact, the little booger prefers to stand over laying down. Not sure why, maybe his tummy, maybe he likes to look around or maybe he is just bored of being on the ground. But I don't mind playing with him while we hold him up to stand. When he does lay down he rolls from side to side but hasn't come close to trying to roll completely over....maybe that is why we should do some more tummy time. haha. Let's see....We haven't tried any solids yet but i am excited to get to that stage and see what he likes. Not sure if the doc will recommend starting solids at 4 mo. or not....we shall see. If anything she will probably just say rice cereal for now. Other than all of these new little things Colt is doing great and getting bigger by the day! I just can't believe it!
As for me, (Danielle) I am now working part-time at Target and LOVING it. I wanted to get back into retail (NEVER thought I'd say that!) and thought Target would be a great company to work for and it is. The perks? Target is literally 1 stoplight away from home!! SCORE! And I am able to work the early morning shifts 5am-noonish and make it home before 1 so Justin can then go to work. So....NO daycare for our bug! yay! Not that daycare is a bad thing, I just don't think I am ready for it or the expense of it.
Justin is still working at Vacations to Go selling cruises and doing very well at it. If you want to book a cruise let us know, he can take care of it for you! :) He loves hanging out with Colton and is such a hands on dad. I love watching the two of them together, it is the sweetest connection the two of them have. They love to cuddle in the mornings and it is just the sweetest sight!


I can't believe he is almost 4 months! Where did the time go? Yay for no daycare! We were the same, there is nothing wrong with daycare, but we just didn't want to do it. Plus we wouldn't have been able to because its so expensive! He is a cutie patootie!
ReplyDeleteYou're such a cute little mama! I am bummed, I just booked a cruise through the Cruise Web on April 15th, the day you posted this! We booked our first cruise through Vacations to Go, about 4 years ago. I would have loved to have given Justin my business. I'll remember for next time. :) Love the pictures, that little guy is so handsome. I could never imagine putting my babies in day care so early. It would have killed me! Luckily I never had to do that. And you're right...to put them in a GOOD day care costs a fortune! It's crazy how expensive child care is. Glad y'all are doing well.
ReplyDelete